FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more info contact:
Rebecca Batorsky: 908-812-1507
Rand Wilson: 617-949-9720
Rally with Occupy Somerville at MBTA hearing
Occupy Somerville and a coalition of other community organizations including Groundwork Somerville and Somerville Community Corporation will rally at the Somerville MBTA hearing at 5 pm on Feb. 28 to protest the proposed rate hikes and service cuts. Outside the hearing, in front of Somerville High School, community members will speak-out to voice their concerns, accompanied by chanting, singing and banner waving.
What does the MBTA propose?
· Fare hikes of 30-40%
· Service cuts that threaten many Somerville bus lines
· Elimination of hundreds of T worker's jobs throughout Boston
· To pay greedy banks billions of dollars in debt!
The OCCUPY movement has a better idea:
· Demand that our legislators expand rather than decrease funding for public transportation
· Demand that the bailed-out banks renegotiate the MBTA debt
"WHAT DO WE DO WHEN BANKS ATTACK? ... STAND UP! FIGHT BACK!"
Check out our website at:http://occupysomervilleMA.org