The Governor has issued a driving ban for non-emergency/necessity vehicles starting at 4pm.
Executive order #543 states, "I, Deval L. Patrick, Governor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, pursuant to the power provided by Chapter 639 of the Acts of 1950 do hereby issue the following order:
- public safety vehicles and public safety workers, including contract personnel
- public works vehicles and public works workers, including contract personnel; government officials
- conducting official business
- utility company vehicles and utility workers
- healthcare workers who must travel to and from work in order to provide essential health services
- news media
- travel necessary to maintain and deliver critical private sector services such as energy, fuel supplies and delivery, financial systems and the delivery of critical commodities
- travel to support business operations that provide critical services to the public, including gasoline stations, food stores and hardware stores
Given this 8th day of February in the year of our Lord two thousand and thirteen at 12:15PM."