Archive

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

V-Day Feb 9th to help the SCW programming


 
The Vagina Monologues celebrates the experiences of women of all ages while acknowledging the many forms and effects of abuse and misinformation perpetrated against them. Playwright Eve Ensler based each segment — some funny, some tragic, all inspiring — on her interviews with women and girls throughout the country and the world.

This production is part of the 15th anniversary of V-Day and the anniversary movement, One Billion Rising, and will include personal Why I Am Rising statements from cast members. 10% of our proceeds will benefit the V-Day Spotlight Foundation and the remaining 90% will support the Somerville Commission for Women.

Music for The Vagina Monologues will be provided by Somebody's Mother. Be sure to arrive early to enjoy their whole set!

Please Note: This production includes descriptions and depictions of violence against women, mature language, and explicit sexual material.
 
Tickets
Purchase tickets online - Please note: there is a $1 theatre restoration fee added to each ticket.
 
Location
Somerville Theatre, 55 Davis Square, Somerville, MA
 
Performance Schedule
Saturday
 
Feb 9
 
3 pm
Saturday
 
Feb 9
 

8 pm
 
 
 

No comments: