Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Environment and Engery to Meet on Wednesday
The Environment and Energy Special Committee will be meeting this Wednesday September 25th at 6pm to handle a 9 item agenda that includes:
· 190343: Take Action Requesting approval of a Resolution that the Office of Sustainability and Environment work with the Mayor’s Office to convene a Public Somerville Climate Summit.
· 190763: Discuss in Committee That the Commissioner of Public Works investigate the use of a brine solution to treat public/private ways during inclement weather in winter.
· 190907: Discuss in Committee That the Commissioner of Public Works make inquires on the purchase or lease of a snow melting machine and report back to the chair of Environment and Energy with cost projections.
· 190908: Discuss in Committee That the Commissioner of Public Works provide the cost to haul snow to snow farms, and the number of trucks and operating hours used so far this winter.
· 194502: Discuss in Committee That the Environmental Programs Manager provide this Board with information on whether the City has applied for the Solarize MA grant program.
· 195503: Discuss in Committee That the Environmental Programs Manager submit a written report to this Board, within 7 days, on Somerville's involvement in the Earth Hour City Challenge.
· 195507: Discuss in Committee That the Environmental Programs Manager and the Director of SPCD report to this Board whether there is currently a city tax in place when residents want to install solar panels on their homes, and if so, work with this Board to eliminate or reduce it significantly.
· 195562: Discuss in Committee Director of Sustainability and Environment submitting a description of activities under the Green Communities Grant (#195296).
· 195569: Discuss in Committee That this Board requests that the Administration enroll the City in the World Wildlife Fund's City Earth Challenge.