Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Legislative Matters to Meet
Legislative Matters will be meeting tonight at 7:00pm to discuss a lengthy agenda that includes:
· 191563: Recommend That the City adopt the attached Local Hiring Ordinance.
· 192104: Recommend Requesting an amendment to the Local Historic District Map to create 1 new District (College Ave. Corridor of Faith) and add 1 property to that District, and to add 6 properties to the Hinckley-Magoun LHD, and 3 properties to the Winter Hill LHD (Group E remainder from #191744).
· 192274: Recommend Green Cab requesting consideration from this Board and its Committees on Legislative Matters and Traffic and Parking for ways to facilitate taxi medallion financing.
· 192806: Discuss in Committee That this Board requests that the Mayor and the Director of Personnel inform the Committee on Legislative Matters of the city’s intentions regarding the development of a domestic violence policy for city employees.
· 193206: Discuss in Committee That the City Solicitor review Boston's and other municipalities' ordinances to eliminate public nuisances caused by problem properties, and appear before the Committee on Legislative Matters to discuss adopting it here.
· 193587: Recommend Requesting approval of a Complete Streets Ordinance to insure equal access for all users of the public ways.
· 193939: Recommend Requesting the amendment of Ordinance 2-323 pursuant to the Municipal Compensation Advisory Board recommendations, with respect to the Board of Aldermen.
· 193968: Discuss in Committee That the City Solicitor and the Director of Health update this Board on any requirements, conditions or issues pertaining to any person seeking to open a marijuana distribution site.
· 194062: Discuss in Committee That the City Solicitor examine the proposed ordinances of Quincy, Boston and Woburn regarding absentee landlords and appear before this Board’s Committee on Legislative Matters to discuss the implementation of a similar ordinance.
· 194075: Discuss in Committee That the City Solicitor review the proposed ordinance, referred to as Chapter 12, Article VII, Complete Streets Ordinance, to limit city liability.
· 194076: Discuss in Committee That the City Solicitor review the proposed ordinance, referred to as Chapter 12, Article VII, Complete Streets Ordinance, to determine what happens in Section (6) when state guidelines change; and to determine if the cost in Section (7) is proportional to the project and how the difference would impact the city.
· 194102: Discuss in Committee City Solicitor responding to #193845 and #193968 re: medical marijuana.
· 194511: Recommend Requesting approval of a Home Rule Petition to establish a Job Creation and Retention Trust.
· 194512: Recommend Requesting approval of a Home Rule Petition to establish a Project Mitigation Contribution (linkage) program for a Job Creation and Retention Trust.
· 194675: Recommend That this Board approves a Home Rule Petition to amend Section 7 of Title 2 of Division 1 of the City Charter re: filling vacancies.
· 194756: Discuss in Committee Lynn Weissman submitting comments re: a genderneutral name for this Board.
· 194833: Discuss in Committee That the Director of Commissions update this Board on #193203, the city's volunteer commissions, including vacancies for each commission and the number of times each commission met in 2012 and 2013 (to date).
· 194849: Recommend That the attached list of proposed methods for filling vacancies on this Board, with the exception of Method "F", be referred to the Committee on Legislative Matters for further action.
· 194968: Recommend Requesting approval of the attached Ordinance Regulating Campaign Contributions from Those Seeking Contracts, Zoning Relief, the Purchase of City Property, or Financial Assistance from the City.
· 195021: Discuss in Committee Representative Provost submitting comments re: #194849, a proposal to amend the City Charter with respect to filling vacancies on this Board.
· 195024: Recommend Requesting, with the sponsorship of Ald. Desmond, Bastardi, Sullivan, O'Keefe and Trane, approval of an Ordinance regulating "pay-to-play" public contracting and campaign contributions for municipal elected office.
· 195035: Discuss in Committee That the City Solicitor provide an opinion regarding 780CMR MA Amendments to the International Building Code 2009 Section 1001.3.2 regarding qualifications for examiners of fire escapes.
· 195061: Discuss in Committee That the Director of SPCD take steps to establish a historic designation for 197 Washington Street.
· 195134: Discuss in Committee That the City Solicitor draft language to amend Article XV of Chapter 8 of the Code of Ordinances to grandfather vendors who operated as food truck vendors and held hawker and peddler licenses prior to the effective date of that Article.
· 195144: Discuss in Committee That the Historic Preservation Commission consider establishing a historic designation for 197 Washington Street.
· 195175: Recommend That this Board declares the property at 315 Broadway to be a Historic District and requests that the Historic Preservation Commission prepare a study on the establishment of the Historic District.
· 195246: Discuss in Committee That the Director of Sustainability and Environment provide this Board with a plan for city-wide residential composting, to be discussed in the Committee on Legislative Matters.
· 195477: Recommend Requesting approval of amendments to Chapter 11 of the Code of Ordinances to establish a Mandatory Recycling Ordinance.
· 195519: Discuss in Committee That the City Solicitor draft an ordinance that all commercial gas tank replacements require permit approval by this Board.