|Photo by Lee Anderson and Ace Thunder Buddy|
Somerville Schools will be closed tomorrow: Wednesday, February 5th.
Please see the City's snow emergency policies to survive the pending storm ticket, fee and fine free!
As always, please shovel for those who are unable to do so and stay informed via Somerville's Facebook page or Twitter feed.
The latest predictions have put accumulation between 4-7"
1. PARKING BAN: During the snow emergency, parking is allowed only on the odd-numbered side of the road (unless otherwise posted). Cars not moved from the even-numbered side by midnight may be subject to ticketing and towing.
2. PARKING IN CITY LOTS: During the emergency, residents may park in any municipal lot or in designated school parking lots. Meters in these lots (and Citywide) will not be in effect during the emergency. Vehicles may remain in the lots until 2 hours after the emergency is lifted. For an interactive map of City and school lots, click here: http://bit.ly/1hg4Gw2.
3. METERS NOT IN EFFECT DURING EMERGENCY: During the emergency, meters do not need to be paid. But please note, parking at street meters is allowed only on the odd-numbered side of the street and meters are back in effect two hours after a snow emergency ends.
4. WHO TO CALL: Residents with non-emergency requests should call 311. For emergencies, please remember to call 911.
5. MORE INFO: More Somerville snow info can be found here: http://bit.ly/1bLe4np