Saturday, March 29, 2014
Housing and Community Development Committee to Meet on Monday
The committee on Housing and Community Development will be meeting on Monday March 31st in the second floor committee room of City Hall to discuss a ten item agenda that includes the below listed items that were submitted by members of the Board of Aldermen. The meeting begins at 6:00pm.
· 194361: Discuss in Committee That the Director of SPCD prepare a written analysis for this Board comparing the 2010 federal census with the 2000 census and highlighting the important changes and potential impacts.
· 196188: Discuss in Committee That the Administration work with this Board to revise the Somervision Plan to provide more detailed goals with regard to affordable housing and the creation of a mix of housing units, especially those with more than 2 bedrooms, for long-term residents of all ages.
· 196221: Discuss in Committee That the Director of SPCD provide SomerVision updates twice a year, broken down by ward, showing progress made in residential, affordable units, jobs, public space, trips via transit, bike and walking, and development in transformative areas.
· 196287: Discuss in Committee That the Director of SPCD, the Planning Director, and the Housing Director appear before this Board for an update on raising the inclusionary housing ordinance to promote development of more affordable housing.
· 196344: Discuss in Committee That the Director of SPCD (ISD) and the Director of Health enforce Ordinance 12-8 regarding snow removal on Winter Street, near the dental office at the corner of College Avenue.
· 196345: Discuss in Committee That the Director of SPCD (ISD) provide this Board with a report on the number of snow related citations issued to date this calendar year.
· 196366: Discuss That the Director of SPCD submit a plan to create “Middle Class” housing.
· 196368: Discuss That the Director of SPCD submit a plan on the use of city owned properties as it relates to projected growth identified in the SomerVision Plan.
· 196369: Discuss That the Director of SPCD submit a SomerVision implementation and accountability plan as described within.
· 196370: Discuss That the Director of SPCD and the City Solicitor submit to this Board a proposal to impose institutional master plans.
· (ID # 9061): Discuss That the Director of SPCD (ISD) fine the owner of 100 The Fellsway and 95 Wheatland Street for all violations.
· (ID # 9062): Discuss That the Director of SPCD direct the owner of 95 Wheatland Street to secure the property and improve it so it is not a visual nuisance to the neighbors.
· (ID # 9067): Discuss That the Director of SPCD (ISD) update this Board on the site visit to 37 Jackson Road.