Monday, April 7, 2014
Finance Committee to Meet on Wednesday
The committee on finance will meet on Wednesday April 9th at 6:00pm to discuss a 22 item agenda that includes various legislative items submitted by members of the Board of Aldermen, as well as, the Mayor.
· Approval of the Minutes of April 1, 2014
· 194503: Discuss in Committee That the Director of SPCD respond in writing within 30 days with a breakdown of all funds provided through the CDBG program, DIF bonds, "I Cubed Bonds" or the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, and spent to fund work or purchase materials in connection with Assembly Square, whether by the City, the State, any agencies thereof, or by Federal Realty Investment Trust or any subsidiaries or related companies.
· 194831: Discuss in Committee That the Director of Finance provide this Board with a list of all contracts, purchase orders, or payments to vendors in excess of $25,000 for 2012 and 2013 (to date), whether funded through the budget or through grants, that were not publicly bid, with a brief explanation of why they were exempt.
· 195373: Recommend Requesting authorization to borrow $900,000 in a bond, and appropriate the same amount, to implement a comprehensive wayfinding plan.
· 195532: Recommend Requesting authorization to borrow $500,000 in a bond, and appropriate the same amount, for ADA Accessibility - Building Improvements.
· 195571: Recommend Requesting an appropriation of $500,000 and authorization to borrow that amount in a bond to retain a qualified planning and land use concern to develop a major plan change to existing Assembly Square Urban Renewal Plan.
· 195787: Discuss in Committee That the Purchasing Department purchase decibel meter readers for the use of the Police and Inspectional Services Departments.
· 195833: Discuss in Committee That the Director of Finance and the City Treasurer research the possibility of providing direct deposit pay stubs online to employees and determine the potential savings to the city by doing so.
· 196040: Recommend Requesting an appropriation of $93,500 from Unreserved Fund Balance ("Free Cash") to the DPW Buildings and Grounds Moving Services Account to clean out the Homan's Building and the Powderhouse School Building.
· 196145: Discuss in Committee That the Administration provide this Board with a copy of the recently executed 5 year partnership agreement with Tufts University, including all payments in lieu of taxes.
· 196164: Recommend Requesting an appropriation of $490,000, and authorization to borrow $490,000 in a bond, for a new HR and Payroll system.
· 196191: Discuss in Committee Conveying the partnership agreement with Tufts University.
· 196227: Discuss in Committee That the Director of Finance and this Board’s Committee on Finance review the attached article on Arlington’s “visual budget”.
· 196241: Recommend Requesting an appropriation of $200,000 from the Sewer Retained Earnings Account to the Capital Improvements Account for East Broadway drainage improvements.
· 196244: Recommend Requesting an appropriation of $65,820 from the Capital Stabilization Fund for the purchase of two Hurst Rescue Tool Systems for the Fire Dept.
· 196245: Recommend Requesting an appropriation of $47,500 from the Capital Stabilization Fund for the purchase of 4 thermal imaging cameras for the Fire Dept.
· 196248: Recommend Requesting an appropriation of $5,791 from the Capital Stabilization Fund for a dryer for firefighter protective bunker gear.
· 196265: Discuss in Committee Updating this Board with respect to Partners Healthcare at Assembly Row.
· 196288: Recommend Requesting the transfer of a parcel of land at 163 Glen Street to the Redevelopment Authority for neighborhood development.
· 196289: Recommend Requesting the expenditure of FY14 funds totaling $167.41 to pay an outstanding prior year invoice in the Police Department.
· 196320: Discuss in Committee That the Director of Finance submit to this Board, a report of all new appropriations from July 1, 2013 to date and identifying all new appropriations approved.
· 196327: Recommend Requesting a transfer of $4,000 within the Public Health Dept., from its Salaries Account to its Professional and Technical Services Account, to hire an emergency preparedness consultant.
· 196329: Recommend Retirement Board notifying this Board of intention to vote at a regular meeting on a Cost of Living Adjustment for eligible retirees for 2014.
Labels: Finance Committee