Sunday, July 20, 2014
Public Utilities Public Works to Meet on Tuesday
The Public Utilities Public Works Committee will be meeting on Tuesday to discuss a 14 item agenda that includes the below listed legislation. The meeting will take place at 6:00 PM.
1. 195332 : That the Commissioner of Public Works attend the next meeting of the Public Utilities and Works Committee to discuss better ways of identifying and citing owners of loose trash.
2. 195521 : That the Commissioner of Public Works and the Director of SPCD (ISD) implement a plan to address trash and code violations each May and September, when student moves have the greatest impact on the City.
3. 195746 : That the Commissioner of Public Works provide the Committee on Public Utilities and Works with a year end report on the performance of the street light repair vendor, including the number of lights repaired vs. replaced.
4. 196302 : That the Commissioner of Public Works report to this Board on the performance of the contractor who maintains the street lights, the terms of the contract and deliverables, and the process to ensure that street lights are maintained and operable.
5. 196376 : That the Commissioner of Public Works explain how the city deals with handicap parking spots on the even sides of streets during snow emergencies.
6. 196450 : That the Commissioner of Public Works contact the appropriate utility to ascertain why the double pole at 42 Columbus Avenue hasn't been removed during the past 3 years.
7. 196608 : That the Commissioner of Public Works notify the appropriate utility regarding the double pole on Perkins Street.
8. 196618 : That the Director of SPCD inspect the newspaper boxes throughout Union Square, especially in front of the Post Office, and remove any that do not have a valid city sticker or are in disrepair.
9. 196621 : That the Commissioner of Public Works contact the appropriate utility and cable vendors to address the low hanging wires on Allen Street.
10. 196769 : That this Board’s Committee on Public Utilities and Works take the lead in securing additional lighting under the Gilman Street bridge.
11. 196911 : That the Administration repave Porter Street, from Elm Street to Highland Avenue.
12. 196970 : That the Commissioner of Public Works contact the appropriate utility companies to remove the double pole at the corner of Willow and Kidder Avenues.
13. 197020 : That the Administration explain to this Board the decision-making process for deciding which streets get repaved and consider adding Porter Street to the 2014 list, as it was not included in a list issued as part of a City news release on May 7th.
14. 197277 : That the Commissioner of Public Works notify the appropriate utility companies to remove the double pole on Cambria Street.