The City of Somerville’s snow emergency will remain in effect until Tues., Feb. 3, at 6 p.m., Mayor Curtatone announced today. At the end of a snow emergency, residents have two hours to move vehicles from municipal and school parking lots. Cars must be moved by 8 p.m. Tuesday to avoid being ticketed and towed.
Please also note the following scheduling information for Tuesday:
• Somerville Public Schools are CLOSED.
• No City or school evening activities.
• Trash and recycling pick up will remain on a normal schedule.
• City Hall will be open with limited staffing, and the Somerville Public Library (Central Branch) will be open.
• The Kennedy School swimming pool will be open for family swim and for swim lessons from noon to 4 p.m., however please note that parking will be extremely limited.
Residents will have until 10 p.m. on Tuesday night to clear snow and ice from sidewalks, and are reminded that snow may NOT be shoveled into the street.